Friday, January 4, 2008

Fitness eBooks -- Workouts/Exercise

I have spent the last few days thinking about exercise.  I went so far as to pull my gym clothes out of the bottom of the closet.  I even made sure that they were clean and ready to wear.  But somehow, getting out the door to they gym is beyond me. 

This morning I did the next best thing:  I went to the eBooks About Everything store and started studying fitness and exercise eBooks. 

Incidentally,  exercise is not nearly as popular as diet.  There are only 71 eBooks on exercise compared to 100s on diets.  But I digress. . .

The newest title I found is The Show It Love Workout.  Show it love?!?  Seems like a stretch to me. . .

Anyway, Kacy Duke is "one of the hottest celebrity fitness trainers today."  She has trained Julianne Moore, Iman and Denzel Washington.  

She advocates dance that is cardio building combined with weights for strength.  She claims it is fun!  Well, I could use a little fun. But as I thought about it more, I realized that for someone who is as coordination challenged as me, this probably won't be that much fun.

I kept looking.

Down the page I found Fit and Sexy for Life by Kathy Kaehler.  Julia Roberts, Michelle Pfeiffer and Cyndi Crawford endorse her.  Evidently, this is a plan for real women as the get older and want to stay sexy as well as fit.  Well, that certainly applies to me! 

This is a down to earth, sensible approach to staying lean and toned and promises to make me "sleep like a baby." 

Sleeping is much more down my alley than dancing.   That is for sure!  And interestingly, browsing through the book almost put me to sleep.

I shook myself awake, grabbed another cup of coffee and kept looking.

Remember that (like everyone else) I am always in a hurry.  Never seems to be enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.  And lets face it, exercise takes a lot of time.  You have to gear up for it psychologically, then change clothes, do the work out, shower and change clothes again.  Very time consuming.

But I stumbled on the perfect answer -- Quick Fit.    Fifteen minutes and no sweat!  No changing clothes, no shower, and it's complete!  This is a plan I could love -- and stick with.  Which is something of a problem.

The problem being that this leaves me with no excuses for not exercising.  Not sure I am ready for that!

After more thought and another cup of coffee, I am now wondering:  if I read these books and very carefully and accurately visualize doing the prescribed movements and routines, will that work?  Which gives me a whole new thing to think about.

Perhaps I can just forget about diet and exercise and put my energy into meditation. 

Whaddya think?

No comments:

Google
 

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon