Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Eat, Drink and Be Merry

Roasted turkey

Like many Americans  I am on vacation for the next five days as we observe Thanksgiving.

Our family (all 25 or so of us) gathers in Palm Springs for five days of food, card games, political debate, shopping, reading by the pool, going to the movies and just hangin' out on the patio.

The weather forecast is sunny and in the mid-70s. 

Of all the things I am personally thankful for, the weather is up there near the top of the list.

Which brings me to the real point of this particular holiday -- being thankful. 

I feel inordinately lucky and very blessed.  I have a wealth of love as represented by family and friends.  We are all healthy.  My work is fun for me and very satisfying.  There is a roof over my head, food on the table and a little cash in my pocket.  I am thankful for all of these things!

For those of you who observe this holiday - be safe and enjoy. 

I'll 'see you' on Monday.

No comments:

Google
 

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon