Wednesday, December 31, 2008

GoodBye 2008!

I can't say I am sorry to be making the last post for 2008.  It has been an amazing year with terrific highs and lows. 

So, what is in store for 2009?  I checked my crystal ball and evidently it is broken since everything is cloudy.  Oh come on, it's a joke. . .

There are, however a couple of things that seem intuitively obvious to me: 

  • Digital books will become increasingly popular and the percentage of books sold this way will double (from 1% to at least 3%)
  • By January, 2010 the iPhone will up a more popular reading device than the Kindle

As additional "proof" for my predictions you only need to look at an article in the Huffington PostIt shows that five of the six most popular Christmas morning Google searches were iPhone, iTunes, and iPod Touch-driven. All six are:

  1. iTunes.com
  2. iTunes download
  3. iTunes store
  4. stores open on Christmas day
  5. www.itunes.com downloads
  6. iTunes gift card"

Add to that that TechCrunch is reporting rumors about a 7 inch - 9 inch iPod screen due out next fall. 

I want one of these!

So, Goodbye 2008 (and pretty much good riddance!) and Hello 2009!

No comments:

Google
 

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon