Friday, December 14, 2007

Fun News for the week

A Different View

A friend sent me a link to some wonderful book pictures taken by David King and posted on Flickr.  Here are some shots of the Kansas City Library taken in April. 

AND Another One Bites the Dust

I swore I wasn't going to do it!  I was going to sit back and let everyone else bash the Kindle. I wrote my one post and that was going to be it. 

There has been a new development, however, that I pretty much "forces" me to break my silence.  This on is just too good not to pass on!

In less than two weeks the much talked about Kindle DRM has been "hacked" by one, Igor Skochinsky.

Mr. Skochinsky figured out the Kindle algorithm that takes a regular Mobipocket file (.prc) and turns in into a Amazon proprietary one (.azw)  He has kindly and posted his very simple python scripts for anyone to use.

I suspect Jeff Bezos is not very happy today. 

 

No comments:

Google
 

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon